Skip to main content

How far would you go...

... to get the pen you loved?

Didn't that kinda come together like the cliffhangers from the dramadies on tv?  I hope so.

I'm serious.  There are just certain pens that can suck it and others whom I warmly invite into my office space and actively seek out.  Sounds silly, perhaps, but I have a certain pen that I choose to use whenever possible.

Uni-ball Vision Exact Stick Micro Point Roller Ball Pens, Black, 12 pack (60629)

If that's wrong, I don't' want to be right.  I do an obscene amount of paperwork in my position at work and if I'm going to be doing so, I want to be comfy and happy with my pen -- not shaking it every 2 minutes or getting all hand-crampy.

So?  How dramatic are you about your writing tool of choice?  I can't be the only one out there, or there wouldn't be so many types of pens available!!

UPDATE:
They arrived.  And I'm quite pleased with myself.  :)

20130201_102504.jpg
My name is Mrs. Porch & I have a school supply addiction.
More specifically, I'm a pen-hoarder.
 The package arrived today in all of its glory.
I practically stalked the UPS man into the building.
 

Comments

  1. I have a metal work pen that is perfect for me. I have actually begun hoarding pen inserts so that I can use it forever...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Year Anniversary: Kicking off our IVF cycle

Today marks the one-year celebration of the first time I had to give myself an injection for our IVF treatment.  It was a day of SO much emotion, so much suspense, and of course, so much hope.  I remember giving myself the pep talk about the injections -- This is nothing compared to what labor will be like (and I kinda called that one).  It got easier each time, especially as I found others in the blog world who were going through the same thing as I was at the same time. I would do every single thing again, multiple times, if it meant I got to find my way to Charlotte.  This girl is my own living, beating heart, outside of my body.  I am so thankful to the team at IHR  here in Chicago for all of their kindness, support, and knowledge.  The team at IHR helped Porch and I start our little family and we could never fully express the gratitude we have for that gift. I am still thinking of those who are in the midst of their journey to parenthood, thos...

Charlotte's birth story

Thank goodness this isn't my 40 week update; I was really nervous that I'd have to write one of those and even possibly the dreaded 41 week update!  Today was her due date, but we got to meet her just a little early.  Charlotte Esther joined our family at 2:07am on Friday, August 8th... and changed our lives forever.  There's now a squishy baby who calls for us and loves nothing more than snuggling on our chests.  We are, in fact, living the dream.  A dream 4 years in the making and worth every moment.  My heart is so full of love for Charlotte and I am so excited to see how she grows and changes. I have always enjoyed reading the birth stories of my blogger friends' babies and felt it gave me hope as it was the final moment in the battle against infertility, the crossing of a finish line.  So today, in celebration of love and this chubby cheeked baby girl, I share with you the story of Charlotte's birth. Charlotte's Birth Story... I woke up Thur...

Getting my ish together

It's hard to get myself together, you know what I mean?  It's like either I'm totally on it at home or I'm killin' it at work but never both at once.  It's always kinda been that way for me, but right now, I am in a weird place where I feel like I'm lucky if my socks match which is SO not me.  But it is.  Because I'm a new me.  This is my mommyhood life and I need to find a new balance. So that means I have to... ... lay my clothes out the night before ... lay C's clothes out the night before ... leave my bc by the coffee so I remember to take it each morning around the 6 am feeding ... leave the lunchbox near the bc so I remember to pack breastmilk for the day ... shower at night so I can sleep as long as possible after that early morning feeing ... go to bed before I'm exhausted (I'm still working on this one) ... let Porch do more cuddling so I can get my homework done (getting better at this, though I suspect hardship when I am b...