Skip to main content

Charlotte {6 months}

Charlotte celebrated the big .5 this weekend by meeting a new friend and then visiting with Nana and Grandpa this afternoon!  We went out for sushi and she was an excellent dinner date!  She was a little fussy when we got there (cried the entire drive from Ashippun to Pewaukee) but did okay when we arrived and she got to sit at the table with us.  The spoon from Grandpa's miso soup was a big hit!


It's hard to believe that 6 months have already passed and that in the same amount of time (duh) we'll be celebrating Charlie's 1st Birthday!  I've started giving some thought to how we might celebrate and am so excited that we'll be close enough that family can join us to celebrate!  In the mean time, I am all about this cheeky babe and all of the smiles and raspberries she throws our way!  

Charlie loves
... bath time
... Mommy snuggles
... Daddy Blast Off
... Nuby ring
... Gabby the Ghost owl
... sitting up by herself
... having a picnic with anyone and everyone 

Charlie does not love
... when we miss her cues for sleep and she gets overtired (really can't blame her for that one)
... teething (I assume it's teething, I'm not sure yet)
... strangers
... breastmilk popsicles
... being sick (maybe this is more of a "Momma doesn't love")

Charlie is on the fence about
... her car seat cover.  She enjoys eating it but also enjoys trying to remove it from her car seat.

Currently wearing size 3 diapers and 9 month outfits, though she does have some 12 month pieces that seem to work for her.  9 month pants still fit and that's usually how I judge where we are!

We usually start our day around 7:15 and get dressed for school.  I nurse her and she plays a little before we get her packed up in her car seat.  We try to leave the house around 8 and arrive to school around 8:30.  She takes a few cat naps during the day (usually 30-50 minutes although sometimes she surprises us and naps for like 2 hours) and drinks about 4 bottles of milk a day while she's there.  I try to pick her up by 4:30 and we head home to spend some time with Daddy before bath time and the transition to bed.  Charlie typically goes to bed around 7pm and will then sleep until around 1:30-2am and wake for a bottle before going back down until 4:30-5:00ish.  I typically get up with her at that point and nurse for a while and she'll fall back asleep until it's time to get ready for her day!  We try to honor her routines as much as possible.  

We'll be starting to explore some foods this week which is exciting and terrifying all at once; somehow my Charlie Bug is old enough (and certainly ready) for food!  I'm thinking of exploring the Baby Lead Weaning process as Charlotte is fiercely independent and do not see her as wanting to be fed.  Get that damn airplane nonsense away from me and give me my own damn spoon.  She's sitting up more and more although I haven't seen the roll from belly to back yet, just back to belly for the time being.  Homegirl is growing up!

That smile does things to my heart that I cannot articulate.
Oh my gosh, Momma!  I am so excited to be 6 months!

Sitting up like a big girl!  

This is like her go to happy face these days.... cracks me up!

Sometimes, a foot suffices for snack.

Momma & Charlie :)
Time flies.  I say that all the time and I know everyone warned me that it would be like I blinked... they were right.  We are having so much fun watching Charlie master new skills and pick up new quirks each week!  

xo
Momma Porch

Comments

  1. I can't believe it's been 6 months either! Time is FLYING!! She's adorable! I hope solid foods goes well! So far Raegan wants nothing to do with them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It is not 1950; I do not vacuum in pearls.

Hi, it's me - I know it's been a while, but I've been deep inside that bubble I mentioned when everything first happened in November 2020 and I am starting to emerge having done some serious healing and navigating within the trauma of being a suicide survivor and a sole parent. This has nothing to do with that though. I'm dumping this thought here because I need it documented: You know how the conservative crowd tends to use "Well I don't have any children, why should I help pay for the schools?" and "People are just too lazy to work, I don't know why we need social services to help people pay for their child care and food?" I'm noticing those are the same voices I hear in restaurants complaining that there are no servers. No bartenders. No one available to change their oil or to do other trade work. And no one to watch their children.  The CEO of the company I work for posted a big response about how child care is the gatekeeper to folks

Changing of the Seasons

We are approaching the one-year anniversary of when Ryan completed suicide. It brings a lot of emotions and feelings and memories and honestly - exhaustion. I have spent the last year in therapy digging myself out of a lot of those feelings and learning how to be Danie and not Porch and Danie. There have been a lot (!) of tears, a lot of me yelling at Ryan, cursing his name for leaving me to parent alone, a lot of wondering what comes next for the girl gang, a lot of rebuilding. But we're here. I'm here. And arguably stronger than ever (though not physically - listen, I eat my feelings and will work on that side of things later -- DO NOT SEND ME MLM BS ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT). I am much more aware of myself and the girls and more emotionally present than I've ever been. Those girls have been my light through some really dark shit. The seasons are changing. We are almost through our season of "firsts." And if you know, you know. If you don't, you're quite fort

Charlotte's birth story

Thank goodness this isn't my 40 week update; I was really nervous that I'd have to write one of those and even possibly the dreaded 41 week update!  Today was her due date, but we got to meet her just a little early.  Charlotte Esther joined our family at 2:07am on Friday, August 8th... and changed our lives forever.  There's now a squishy baby who calls for us and loves nothing more than snuggling on our chests.  We are, in fact, living the dream.  A dream 4 years in the making and worth every moment.  My heart is so full of love for Charlotte and I am so excited to see how she grows and changes. I have always enjoyed reading the birth stories of my blogger friends' babies and felt it gave me hope as it was the final moment in the battle against infertility, the crossing of a finish line.  So today, in celebration of love and this chubby cheeked baby girl, I share with you the story of Charlotte's birth. Charlotte's Birth Story... I woke up Thursday morni