Skip to main content

Slack'a'lackin' {11 weeks}

Man, you guys. Remember when I was pregnant with Charlie and you got updates each week, posted on the first day with the week with pictures and information about changes and symptoms? Ha. Listen, to be fair, this kid has spent 11 weeks making me want to sleep and vomit so it's only fair that we have no record of this time.  I've been taking that B6 and Unisom and have been able to keep it together enough to function but definitely not bringing anything near what one would consider an A game. Maybe like a C game? B+ at the very best.

So, let's start documenting this adventure. I won't lie - part of me is still terrified that if I post about this and get super excited, something will go wrong. I know my anti-anxiety medication is definitely helping me in this area but there's still that lingering fear and doubt. But today, I am VERY much pregnant. And it is the eve of the 11th week so I thought we better mark it with a post.

11 Weeks

Symptoms: Vomit. All of the vomit. My dry-heaving has developed nicely and I know my triggers so no turtlenecks, necklaces, sweaters with any kind of collar, I can't wear my hat with my hair down because it makes my hair touch my neck and then I start the heave-ho process. No joke, this is my daily struggle.

Bonus: I haven't gained much weight because there isn't much I can tolerate.

Cravings: Nothing consistently, but I do find that I need picture menus to make choices and will often lean towards strong flavors over bland foods.

Maternity clothes and LuLaRoe are life. I busted those bad boys out almost immediately after peeing on a stick. I won't lie, it was a struggle for me to put them away after Charlie was born.

Baby is the size of: I have no idea, the size of a kumquat during week 10. I have never encountered a kumquat in real life so.... google it, okay?

I don't know, but folks are starting to comment on my "bump" and I just don't have the heart to tell them that no, that's not a bump, that's residual baby fat from the last go-round. So yeah, it's a bump. Yep. Just don't f*$%@ing touch me. That's true when I'm pregnant and also when I'm not.

Looking forward to... I have an appointment in December but I don't know if that's an ultrasound appointment. I know I have to call and schedule our 20 week ultrasound and decide if we want to do genetic screening. Super on the fence with this - I'm open to any feedback.

Okay guys, so the truth is - I'm actually writing this during my class and I'm probably about to be called on and look like a goof so I'm going to let this end here.

Peace out, homies!
-D


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is not 1950; I do not vacuum in pearls.

Hi, it's me - I know it's been a while, but I've been deep inside that bubble I mentioned when everything first happened in November 2020 and I am starting to emerge having done some serious healing and navigating within the trauma of being a suicide survivor and a sole parent. This has nothing to do with that though. I'm dumping this thought here because I need it documented: You know how the conservative crowd tends to use "Well I don't have any children, why should I help pay for the schools?" and "People are just too lazy to work, I don't know why we need social services to help people pay for their child care and food?" I'm noticing those are the same voices I hear in restaurants complaining that there are no servers. No bartenders. No one available to change their oil or to do other trade work. And no one to watch their children.  The CEO of the company I work for posted a big response about how child care is the gatekeeper to folks

Changing of the Seasons

We are approaching the one-year anniversary of when Ryan completed suicide. It brings a lot of emotions and feelings and memories and honestly - exhaustion. I have spent the last year in therapy digging myself out of a lot of those feelings and learning how to be Danie and not Porch and Danie. There have been a lot (!) of tears, a lot of me yelling at Ryan, cursing his name for leaving me to parent alone, a lot of wondering what comes next for the girl gang, a lot of rebuilding. But we're here. I'm here. And arguably stronger than ever (though not physically - listen, I eat my feelings and will work on that side of things later -- DO NOT SEND ME MLM BS ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT). I am much more aware of myself and the girls and more emotionally present than I've ever been. Those girls have been my light through some really dark shit. The seasons are changing. We are almost through our season of "firsts." And if you know, you know. If you don't, you're quite fort

Charlotte's birth story

Thank goodness this isn't my 40 week update; I was really nervous that I'd have to write one of those and even possibly the dreaded 41 week update!  Today was her due date, but we got to meet her just a little early.  Charlotte Esther joined our family at 2:07am on Friday, August 8th... and changed our lives forever.  There's now a squishy baby who calls for us and loves nothing more than snuggling on our chests.  We are, in fact, living the dream.  A dream 4 years in the making and worth every moment.  My heart is so full of love for Charlotte and I am so excited to see how she grows and changes. I have always enjoyed reading the birth stories of my blogger friends' babies and felt it gave me hope as it was the final moment in the battle against infertility, the crossing of a finish line.  So today, in celebration of love and this chubby cheeked baby girl, I share with you the story of Charlotte's birth. Charlotte's Birth Story... I woke up Thursday morni