Skip to main content

13 weeks together

I'm really doing a terrible job of posting this stuff when the week begins (technically, in baby's world, is Tuesdays).  I'm just pleased if I can remember to take a damn picture.  11 weeks?  Gone forever.  But let us be serious, does it matter?  Just having a few from each trimester will be fun to look back on later.

Someone told me this week they could "see it in my face."  I'm not sure what that means, I hope it means I look happy and not that my face is getting fat.  I know I'm about to explode with baby weight here, but c'mon, my face?!  ;)

Baby and I are moving into the 2nd trimester and seem to have found a rhythm with regards to frequent urination; I'm not running to the bathroom every 20 minutes anymore (yes, I know that's coming back, but at least then it will be because baby is sitting on my bladder).  I find myself rubbing my uterus (because baby is not in my stomach) and talking to baby at times.  We had a serious negotiation tonight as I left a workshop.  "Okay, we're going home... then we'll put on sweatpants and relax" after our intensely long work day (started work at 7 and left the workshop at 8:30).  And then I proceeded to freeze my ass off on the train coming home because I'm an unfit parent and didn't wear a scarf... it was just a long day.

Anyway, here's where we're at...

How far along? 13 weeks glorious weeks together
Total weight gain: I believe I'm at just about 1 pound gain now
Maternity clothes?  Love how this is right after the weight gain --- while my pants technically still fit, they are indeed snugger than one might like in some instances.  Today I pulled on a pair of jeans and had to laugh as I tried to button them and thought "Nope.  I'm not going to sit like this all day."  I resorted to using a hair tie to keep them on and it worked like a charm.  
Stretch marks?  None 
Sleep:  Sleeping better now, usually only up once or twice a night to pee.
Best moment this week: Getting excited about the pregnancy; not that I wasn't excited, but I was not fully prepared to admit to myself that I was one of the lucky ones who found success on their first try... and I still feel like I'm going to jinx myself but I find myself feeling more and more okay about it.  That it doesn't matter; there's a peanut tangerine growing in there and I'm doing all I can to make sure I'm a good host.
Miss anything?  I miss the caffeine rush; I've gone back to having a cup in the morning if I need it and have been pretty excited about it.
Food cravings: pad thai all the time; if you ask me what I want to eat, chances are good I'll say pad thai.  Or pizza.
Anything making you queasy or sick? I think I may be moving away from this, but I feel like my sense of smell has gotten keener over the 13 weeks and I feel a strong reaction, either positive or negative.
Gender: Too soon to tell, not sure when we'll find out!
Labor signs: Hahaha, so n/a
Symptoms: constantly peeing, occasional nausea... this growing belly (which I try to say is just tacos)
Belly button in or out?  In (and the idea of it popping scares the shit out of me -- I also fear my scar will burst open and my guts will fall out... rational, I know)
Wedding rings on or off: On.  And loose.
Happy or moody most of the time: I've been feeling pretty excited; I have some of my energy back and am starting to allow myself to fantasize about what our life will be like with a baby added to the mix.  I haven't given any thought at all to a nursery or colors or even purchased anything yet.  
Looking forward to:  I'm looking forward to the weekend and relaxing... and I'm very much looking forward to our ultrasound on February 28th!  It seems like forever compared to all the appointments we had with Dr. TK!  I'm also PSYCHED to feel the baby move; that will be the most reassuring moment of the entire pregnancy.  :)
Baby is the size of:  tangerine (WHY must we always compare baby to food?  It makes me so hungry!)

It's only a matter of time now before that bump starts to show...

Comments

  1. Had a lot of fun reading this blog....you are going to be so cute pregnant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It is not 1950; I do not vacuum in pearls.

Hi, it's me - I know it's been a while, but I've been deep inside that bubble I mentioned when everything first happened in November 2020 and I am starting to emerge having done some serious healing and navigating within the trauma of being a suicide survivor and a sole parent. This has nothing to do with that though. I'm dumping this thought here because I need it documented: You know how the conservative crowd tends to use "Well I don't have any children, why should I help pay for the schools?" and "People are just too lazy to work, I don't know why we need social services to help people pay for their child care and food?" I'm noticing those are the same voices I hear in restaurants complaining that there are no servers. No bartenders. No one available to change their oil or to do other trade work. And no one to watch their children.  The CEO of the company I work for posted a big response about how child care is the gatekeeper to folks

Changing of the Seasons

We are approaching the one-year anniversary of when Ryan completed suicide. It brings a lot of emotions and feelings and memories and honestly - exhaustion. I have spent the last year in therapy digging myself out of a lot of those feelings and learning how to be Danie and not Porch and Danie. There have been a lot (!) of tears, a lot of me yelling at Ryan, cursing his name for leaving me to parent alone, a lot of wondering what comes next for the girl gang, a lot of rebuilding. But we're here. I'm here. And arguably stronger than ever (though not physically - listen, I eat my feelings and will work on that side of things later -- DO NOT SEND ME MLM BS ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT). I am much more aware of myself and the girls and more emotionally present than I've ever been. Those girls have been my light through some really dark shit. The seasons are changing. We are almost through our season of "firsts." And if you know, you know. If you don't, you're quite fort

Charlotte's birth story

Thank goodness this isn't my 40 week update; I was really nervous that I'd have to write one of those and even possibly the dreaded 41 week update!  Today was her due date, but we got to meet her just a little early.  Charlotte Esther joined our family at 2:07am on Friday, August 8th... and changed our lives forever.  There's now a squishy baby who calls for us and loves nothing more than snuggling on our chests.  We are, in fact, living the dream.  A dream 4 years in the making and worth every moment.  My heart is so full of love for Charlotte and I am so excited to see how she grows and changes. I have always enjoyed reading the birth stories of my blogger friends' babies and felt it gave me hope as it was the final moment in the battle against infertility, the crossing of a finish line.  So today, in celebration of love and this chubby cheeked baby girl, I share with you the story of Charlotte's birth. Charlotte's Birth Story... I woke up Thursday morni