Skip to main content

Cutting the Crap in 2013

Some people are just incapable of leaving middle school behind.  Unfortunately, the internet has made it incredibly easy to spread nasty emails with hateful and harsh words to anyone, even those closest to you, with little more thought than a quick mouse click on the send button.  You can't take words back.  You can't retract a hurtful email.  It's out there, in the universe.  Long after the email, the comment, the post-- whatever -- is deleted, its hurtful feeling will long remain.  That bridge will likely remain burned.  

If you don’t have the balls to say it to that person's face, then don't say it at all. Remember Thumper?  It's amazing to me what people will say when that person isn't there in person to defend themselves.

I've long believed that we are responsible for our own destiny.  You're writing your story every day when you wake up and make the choices that lead you through that day.  With that understanding, we're also then responsible for our own happiness.  So let's maybe stop letting bitches make us feel crappy & just cut them right out of our lives?  Simple, right?  I'm not perfect.  But I'm also not fake.  I share the real me no matter who you are & if you don't like it, then that’s cool.  Chances are good it's no real loss.  I don't have time to be your ideal.  I’m busy living my life & writing my own great story!

Oh technology, how I love thee!  Much like hate can be shared with a mouse click, so too can I swiftly block those people from my life.  Without thought (in fact, with wild & reckless abandon) I simply click "BLOCK" and no longer have to worry about what they think, what they say, or how much they hate the path their lives have taken.  I'm over here being Mrs. Porch and having a pretty damn good time.  Sorry you hate your life and have decided to lash out at the world.  Maybe go ahead and chickity-check yo self before you wreck yo self.  (Write that down)

The world is full of enough hate & disdain.  I don't really need to be welcoming more of it into my social circle.  So I bid you good day, haters.  

Please, stay a while, enjoy the photo collection that has inspired this post
*Photos totally snagged from imgfave.com.




Фотографије временске линије / Facebook on we heart it / visual bookmark #47106456 (funny)
a-political-outcast.tumblr.com (tpingijar)




 quote (quote,words,2012,feelings,letters)2457529pw600.jpg



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is not 1950; I do not vacuum in pearls.

Hi, it's me - I know it's been a while, but I've been deep inside that bubble I mentioned when everything first happened in November 2020 and I am starting to emerge having done some serious healing and navigating within the trauma of being a suicide survivor and a sole parent. This has nothing to do with that though. I'm dumping this thought here because I need it documented: You know how the conservative crowd tends to use "Well I don't have any children, why should I help pay for the schools?" and "People are just too lazy to work, I don't know why we need social services to help people pay for their child care and food?" I'm noticing those are the same voices I hear in restaurants complaining that there are no servers. No bartenders. No one available to change their oil or to do other trade work. And no one to watch their children.  The CEO of the company I work for posted a big response about how child care is the gatekeeper to folks

Changing of the Seasons

We are approaching the one-year anniversary of when Ryan completed suicide. It brings a lot of emotions and feelings and memories and honestly - exhaustion. I have spent the last year in therapy digging myself out of a lot of those feelings and learning how to be Danie and not Porch and Danie. There have been a lot (!) of tears, a lot of me yelling at Ryan, cursing his name for leaving me to parent alone, a lot of wondering what comes next for the girl gang, a lot of rebuilding. But we're here. I'm here. And arguably stronger than ever (though not physically - listen, I eat my feelings and will work on that side of things later -- DO NOT SEND ME MLM BS ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT). I am much more aware of myself and the girls and more emotionally present than I've ever been. Those girls have been my light through some really dark shit. The seasons are changing. We are almost through our season of "firsts." And if you know, you know. If you don't, you're quite fort

Charlotte's birth story

Thank goodness this isn't my 40 week update; I was really nervous that I'd have to write one of those and even possibly the dreaded 41 week update!  Today was her due date, but we got to meet her just a little early.  Charlotte Esther joined our family at 2:07am on Friday, August 8th... and changed our lives forever.  There's now a squishy baby who calls for us and loves nothing more than snuggling on our chests.  We are, in fact, living the dream.  A dream 4 years in the making and worth every moment.  My heart is so full of love for Charlotte and I am so excited to see how she grows and changes. I have always enjoyed reading the birth stories of my blogger friends' babies and felt it gave me hope as it was the final moment in the battle against infertility, the crossing of a finish line.  So today, in celebration of love and this chubby cheeked baby girl, I share with you the story of Charlotte's birth. Charlotte's Birth Story... I woke up Thursday morni