Skip to main content

5 Weeks

My darling nugget,
The days pass slowly but time is sailing by; I can't believe we're at 5 weeks today.  We're getting ready to make the announcement to your grandmas & grandpas that you're on your way next summer and think we've found a great way to do it!  Momma loves Todd Parr (children's author & illustrator, you'll know) and found The Grandma Book and The Grandpa Book to share with them!  The inside cover where it says, "This book belongs to..." has "Baby Niermann, Arriving August 2014" written inside.  You'll have books to read at their houses before you're even born.  I apologize in advance for the abundance of books you'll read.  Your momma and daddy are bookworms and I can already envision us reading to you.  You'll be a genius!  ;)  I am so excited to see you next week & to see Grandma & Grandpa Kempowski's reaction when we tell them!  It's been SO hard not to tell them about you yet but it has to be in person.  You're too important to be a text.  We've all been anxiously awaiting your arrival for a very long time.  You, my darling, will get a big production.  You're already loved so much.   Keep growing!  When we see you, you should be about the size of a pea.  

Love,
Momma


How far along? 5 weeks
Total weight gain: 0 (some days it's negative!)
Maternity clothes?  Not yet, but I'm eyeing up those stretchy pants!!!
Stretch marks?  None 
Sleep: Last couple of nights have been rough; up in the middle of the night to pee and tossing and turning to get comfortable -- Momma's got some sore boobies.
Best moment this week: Getting our 2nd HCG reading -- 790!
Miss anything?  I was craving sushi this week but I suspect it's just because I can't have it.  I don't miss beer as much as I thought I would. 
Food cravings: Nothing really
Anything making you queasy or sick? Porch made me some fried eggs last weekend and I wanted to barf on the table; something funky going on there with the textures.
Gender: Too soon to tell, just happy our little tadpole is growing!
Labor signs: Hahaha, so n/a
Symptoms: minimal cramping, constantly peeing, occasional nausea, CRAZY bloating
Belly button in or out?  In (and the idea of it popping scares the shit out of me -- I also fear my scar will burst open and my guts will fall out... rational, I know)
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly happy, lots of anxiety about financially preparing for this huge life change :)
Looking forward to: Our ultrasound on Friday 12/20 so we can give baby's first picture to my parents for Christmas!
Baby is the size of:  sesame seed


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is not 1950; I do not vacuum in pearls.

Hi, it's me - I know it's been a while, but I've been deep inside that bubble I mentioned when everything first happened in November 2020 and I am starting to emerge having done some serious healing and navigating within the trauma of being a suicide survivor and a sole parent. This has nothing to do with that though. I'm dumping this thought here because I need it documented: You know how the conservative crowd tends to use "Well I don't have any children, why should I help pay for the schools?" and "People are just too lazy to work, I don't know why we need social services to help people pay for their child care and food?" I'm noticing those are the same voices I hear in restaurants complaining that there are no servers. No bartenders. No one available to change their oil or to do other trade work. And no one to watch their children.  The CEO of the company I work for posted a big response about how child care is the gatekeeper to folks

Changing of the Seasons

We are approaching the one-year anniversary of when Ryan completed suicide. It brings a lot of emotions and feelings and memories and honestly - exhaustion. I have spent the last year in therapy digging myself out of a lot of those feelings and learning how to be Danie and not Porch and Danie. There have been a lot (!) of tears, a lot of me yelling at Ryan, cursing his name for leaving me to parent alone, a lot of wondering what comes next for the girl gang, a lot of rebuilding. But we're here. I'm here. And arguably stronger than ever (though not physically - listen, I eat my feelings and will work on that side of things later -- DO NOT SEND ME MLM BS ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT). I am much more aware of myself and the girls and more emotionally present than I've ever been. Those girls have been my light through some really dark shit. The seasons are changing. We are almost through our season of "firsts." And if you know, you know. If you don't, you're quite fort

Charlotte's birth story

Thank goodness this isn't my 40 week update; I was really nervous that I'd have to write one of those and even possibly the dreaded 41 week update!  Today was her due date, but we got to meet her just a little early.  Charlotte Esther joined our family at 2:07am on Friday, August 8th... and changed our lives forever.  There's now a squishy baby who calls for us and loves nothing more than snuggling on our chests.  We are, in fact, living the dream.  A dream 4 years in the making and worth every moment.  My heart is so full of love for Charlotte and I am so excited to see how she grows and changes. I have always enjoyed reading the birth stories of my blogger friends' babies and felt it gave me hope as it was the final moment in the battle against infertility, the crossing of a finish line.  So today, in celebration of love and this chubby cheeked baby girl, I share with you the story of Charlotte's birth. Charlotte's Birth Story... I woke up Thursday morni