Skip to main content

Transfer Eve

Spent the afternoon braving Target with C before coming home to tidy up and mentally & emotionally prepare myself for tomorrow.  Tomorrow is Transfer Day. We will transfer 1 wonderful embryo with the hopes of seeing two pink lines 10 days later. I always think I'm going to need help staying busy during the TWW (two week wait) but the time seems to fly because 1. I cheat and use the home pregnancy test and 2. I have a four-year-old who keeps me moving!

I count the days by the shots I take in my hip. The first few days seemed okay and truthfully, they all have been... some soreness but overall, I expect things to get way worse. The hardest part for my body has been the bruising. I bruise if you look at me wrong so you can imagine the struggle my body is having with these intramuscular injections...

... and my fall down the stairs at the cabin.  No joke, Friday night, I was walking down the stairs to our room in socks (first mistake) and thought I was being so careful and slow because I know the spot on the stairs to avoid waking my tiny human and the next thing I know, I am flat on my ass at the bottom. Luckily, I fell at the bottom and it was a one or two step situation. The bruise on my back looks like I was in a terrible car wreck. It is purple and ugly and makes the injection bruises look like nothin'.  Perspective, I suppose.

The candles are lit, the counters are clean, laundry is tackled (for the moment), and dinner is in the oven. Breathing deeply and reminding myself that there's not a single thing I can do to make this successful or unsuccessful.

Here's hopin'.

xo
-D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Year Anniversary: Kicking off our IVF cycle

Today marks the one-year celebration of the first time I had to give myself an injection for our IVF treatment.  It was a day of SO much emotion, so much suspense, and of course, so much hope.  I remember giving myself the pep talk about the injections -- This is nothing compared to what labor will be like (and I kinda called that one).  It got easier each time, especially as I found others in the blog world who were going through the same thing as I was at the same time. I would do every single thing again, multiple times, if it meant I got to find my way to Charlotte.  This girl is my own living, beating heart, outside of my body.  I am so thankful to the team at IHR  here in Chicago for all of their kindness, support, and knowledge.  The team at IHR helped Porch and I start our little family and we could never fully express the gratitude we have for that gift. I am still thinking of those who are in the midst of their journey to parenthood, thos...

Charlotte's birth story

Thank goodness this isn't my 40 week update; I was really nervous that I'd have to write one of those and even possibly the dreaded 41 week update!  Today was her due date, but we got to meet her just a little early.  Charlotte Esther joined our family at 2:07am on Friday, August 8th... and changed our lives forever.  There's now a squishy baby who calls for us and loves nothing more than snuggling on our chests.  We are, in fact, living the dream.  A dream 4 years in the making and worth every moment.  My heart is so full of love for Charlotte and I am so excited to see how she grows and changes. I have always enjoyed reading the birth stories of my blogger friends' babies and felt it gave me hope as it was the final moment in the battle against infertility, the crossing of a finish line.  So today, in celebration of love and this chubby cheeked baby girl, I share with you the story of Charlotte's birth. Charlotte's Birth Story... I woke up Thur...

Getting my ish together

It's hard to get myself together, you know what I mean?  It's like either I'm totally on it at home or I'm killin' it at work but never both at once.  It's always kinda been that way for me, but right now, I am in a weird place where I feel like I'm lucky if my socks match which is SO not me.  But it is.  Because I'm a new me.  This is my mommyhood life and I need to find a new balance. So that means I have to... ... lay my clothes out the night before ... lay C's clothes out the night before ... leave my bc by the coffee so I remember to take it each morning around the 6 am feeding ... leave the lunchbox near the bc so I remember to pack breastmilk for the day ... shower at night so I can sleep as long as possible after that early morning feeing ... go to bed before I'm exhausted (I'm still working on this one) ... let Porch do more cuddling so I can get my homework done (getting better at this, though I suspect hardship when I am b...