Skip to main content

10 weeks to go!

How far along? 30 weeks

Total weight gain:  Huzzah!  Nurse told me today I only gained 1 pound since my visit 2 weeks ago.  As the weather gets hotter, it's harder to eat those bigger meals.  I graze on fruit, water, and ice cream.  ;)  I am officially up 16 pounds.  I am having a butterball baby, am I not?

Maternity clothes?  You know it!  I have a few yoga-ish pants that are non-maternity and a skirt with a similar waistband so I have a few pieces that I can pull off that are not officially maternity wear.  I'm happiest in shorts & a tank top when home and in a maxi dress or skirt when at work.

Stretch marks?  None yet!  I slather my belly with Burt's Bee's Mama Bee Belly Butter every night.  My scar is looking red and angry, but no stretch marks that I've seen (and believe me, I look).

Sleep: Every now and then I'll have a random night that I sleep straight through, but for the most part, I am up at least once to pee and once to chew some Tums.  The good part is that I can do this in a zombie like trance that requires minimal effort. It's getting more difficult to find what I like to call the "sweet spot" in which I can fall asleep happily.

Best moment this week: I did it!  I went camping at 29 (almost 30) weeks and survived.  To be honest, it was really no big deal.  The worst part was sleeping on an air mattress that wasn't quite full and getting up in the middle of the night to pee (though I have to say, I am pretty proud of my abilities in that department).  It was fabulous to see some of our friends from college and have a weekend where it was socially acceptable to inhale donuts before breakfast.

Miss anything?  I don't miss much.  When I start to miss things, I just remind myself that in 10 short weeks, she will be here and I'll have to share her with the world.  I'm really enjoying all of her kicks and turns, though they get a little tiresome as I'm trying to fall asleep at night.  

Food cravings: Damn it, there better be cravings coming.  :)  There has been nothing that I have wanted so badly that I would drop everything to get or ask Porch to get.  

Anything making you queasy or sick? Smoke.  Smoking a disgusting habit that I don't really get but as I walked to my appointment with Dr. G today, this older gentleman was smoking a pipe that made me want to do two things:  punch him in the gut and throw up on his shoes.  I despise the way pipe tobacco smells as it stirs up some upsetting emotions for me and walking into his smoke today set me off.  Bleh.  If you smoke, you should stop.  Haha, I know it's an addiction, but seriously.  Just stop.

Gender: Baby Girl :)

Labor signs: Not yet!  She's got some time left to bake, even though when I walk into our preschool classroom at work, a little girl very sweetly asks me if my baby is still inside.  Every. Single. Time.  Keep in mind that I'm in that room roughly 1,000,000 times a day.

Symptoms: The bump, heartburn, hip pain, pregnancy brain (doesn't seem too crazy, just frustrating when I forget silly stuff at work)

Belly button in or out? Still in... perhaps there's a chance I can avoid the outie situation. 

Wedding rings on or off: On, though I suspect as things get hotter here in Chicago, my fat little fingers will get too chubby.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!  And busy!  I keep finding projects to do and think I might finally be nesting at home.  I cleaned out the back pantry this weekend when we got back from camping... just because.  We have several piles of things to take to Goodwill and I am so pleased to see the last box gone!  Of course, this is at a time when we're seriously discussing a move home to Wisconsin next spring when our lease is up and I'm done with school.  Oh well, it's worth it.  I just need more time in a day to get everything done; I have to take a billion breaks as I work on things.

Looking forward to: I'm honestly most excited for our 32 week ultrasound in 2 weeks because I haven't seen her in a while and I am so excited to see that sweet face.  I'm also looking forward to kicking ass at work and having my shit together before I leave for maternity leave so I can peace out and be home with the baby and not worry about what's going on in the center.  I'm like 75% there.  Kinda.

Baby is the size of:  A large head of cabbage (least appealing food reference yet)

Feeling good & loving all of her movements!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is not 1950; I do not vacuum in pearls.

Hi, it's me - I know it's been a while, but I've been deep inside that bubble I mentioned when everything first happened in November 2020 and I am starting to emerge having done some serious healing and navigating within the trauma of being a suicide survivor and a sole parent. This has nothing to do with that though. I'm dumping this thought here because I need it documented: You know how the conservative crowd tends to use "Well I don't have any children, why should I help pay for the schools?" and "People are just too lazy to work, I don't know why we need social services to help people pay for their child care and food?" I'm noticing those are the same voices I hear in restaurants complaining that there are no servers. No bartenders. No one available to change their oil or to do other trade work. And no one to watch their children.  The CEO of the company I work for posted a big response about how child care is the gatekeeper to folks

Changing of the Seasons

We are approaching the one-year anniversary of when Ryan completed suicide. It brings a lot of emotions and feelings and memories and honestly - exhaustion. I have spent the last year in therapy digging myself out of a lot of those feelings and learning how to be Danie and not Porch and Danie. There have been a lot (!) of tears, a lot of me yelling at Ryan, cursing his name for leaving me to parent alone, a lot of wondering what comes next for the girl gang, a lot of rebuilding. But we're here. I'm here. And arguably stronger than ever (though not physically - listen, I eat my feelings and will work on that side of things later -- DO NOT SEND ME MLM BS ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT). I am much more aware of myself and the girls and more emotionally present than I've ever been. Those girls have been my light through some really dark shit. The seasons are changing. We are almost through our season of "firsts." And if you know, you know. If you don't, you're quite fort

Charlotte's birth story

Thank goodness this isn't my 40 week update; I was really nervous that I'd have to write one of those and even possibly the dreaded 41 week update!  Today was her due date, but we got to meet her just a little early.  Charlotte Esther joined our family at 2:07am on Friday, August 8th... and changed our lives forever.  There's now a squishy baby who calls for us and loves nothing more than snuggling on our chests.  We are, in fact, living the dream.  A dream 4 years in the making and worth every moment.  My heart is so full of love for Charlotte and I am so excited to see how she grows and changes. I have always enjoyed reading the birth stories of my blogger friends' babies and felt it gave me hope as it was the final moment in the battle against infertility, the crossing of a finish line.  So today, in celebration of love and this chubby cheeked baby girl, I share with you the story of Charlotte's birth. Charlotte's Birth Story... I woke up Thursday morni