Skip to main content

32 weeks

How far along? 32 weeks

Total weight gain:  I gained 1 pound since my last visit 2 weeks ago putting me at 17 pounds total so far (I don't know how that can be, given my propensity for Drumsticks).

Maternity clothes?  I still have a few things that aren't "maternity" but are generous with space.  

Stretch marks?  None yet!  I slather my belly with Burt's Bee's Mama Bee Belly Butter every night.  My scar is looking red and angry, but no stretch marks that I've seen (and believe me, I look).

Sleep: If we're calling it sleep... it's difficult.  I have the big maternity pillow and then end up cramming two king sized pillows into the horseshoe shape and making what I affectionately call a "Danie Taco."  And seriously?   I'm back to a first trimester level of exhaustion.  Last night, I was falling asleep at like 8:30 in the living room and went to bed -- slept until 6:15.  I only woke up twice to use the restroom, which is pretty amazing.

Best moment this week: Our Green Bay baby shower was this past weekend.  I wanted to include pictures in this post, but realize I need more time to think about everything and upload pictures.  Hopefully I'll get that done this week!  

Miss anything?  I don't miss much... though I will say I miss sleep (I know, I know, I can kiss that goodbye anyway) but I miss it in quality, not quantity.  I don't mind getting up a  million times a night, but I am struggling with this whole "helpless" angle of not being able to get up from a chair or the bed myself.

Food cravings: The closest I think I've come to a craving is Drumsticks, but that's mostly because I love ice cream and having a Drumstick saves me from having to wash another dish.   

Anything making you queasy or sick? Being hot makes me super nauseous.  And crabby.

Gender: Baby Girl :)

Labor signs: Not yet

Symptoms: The bump, ninja kicks to the ribs... the heartburn seems to have somewhat subsided (*knock on wood*) though I may have figured out how to manage it better too.

Belly button in or out? Still in... perhaps there's a chance I can avoid the outie situation. 

Wedding rings on or off: On -- and loose... which seems weird.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!  Nothing makes me happier than standing in the nursery and seeing her teeny tiny socks and onesies.  Seriously?  Let's do this.

Looking forward to: My family is hosting a baby shower this weekend in Ashippun and we're excited!  It's a couples shower so we'll get to see some of our good friends from college and just sit around and drink beer while we catch up (well, I won't have beer, but you get the point).  My mom, dad, and sister-in-law have been tirelessly planning this shower for months & I am so excited to see the fruits of their labor.

Baby is the size of: bok choy

Not sure what bok choy is?  It's a Chinese cabbage.  

I've been catching lots of elbows to my ribs lately.
She's lucky I love her.

Comments

  1. Hahaha I love my ice cream too! You're doing good though! I was at 30 pounds by 32 weeks! You're looking good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It is not 1950; I do not vacuum in pearls.

Hi, it's me - I know it's been a while, but I've been deep inside that bubble I mentioned when everything first happened in November 2020 and I am starting to emerge having done some serious healing and navigating within the trauma of being a suicide survivor and a sole parent. This has nothing to do with that though. I'm dumping this thought here because I need it documented: You know how the conservative crowd tends to use "Well I don't have any children, why should I help pay for the schools?" and "People are just too lazy to work, I don't know why we need social services to help people pay for their child care and food?" I'm noticing those are the same voices I hear in restaurants complaining that there are no servers. No bartenders. No one available to change their oil or to do other trade work. And no one to watch their children.  The CEO of the company I work for posted a big response about how child care is the gatekeeper to folks

Changing of the Seasons

We are approaching the one-year anniversary of when Ryan completed suicide. It brings a lot of emotions and feelings and memories and honestly - exhaustion. I have spent the last year in therapy digging myself out of a lot of those feelings and learning how to be Danie and not Porch and Danie. There have been a lot (!) of tears, a lot of me yelling at Ryan, cursing his name for leaving me to parent alone, a lot of wondering what comes next for the girl gang, a lot of rebuilding. But we're here. I'm here. And arguably stronger than ever (though not physically - listen, I eat my feelings and will work on that side of things later -- DO NOT SEND ME MLM BS ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT). I am much more aware of myself and the girls and more emotionally present than I've ever been. Those girls have been my light through some really dark shit. The seasons are changing. We are almost through our season of "firsts." And if you know, you know. If you don't, you're quite fort

Charlotte's birth story

Thank goodness this isn't my 40 week update; I was really nervous that I'd have to write one of those and even possibly the dreaded 41 week update!  Today was her due date, but we got to meet her just a little early.  Charlotte Esther joined our family at 2:07am on Friday, August 8th... and changed our lives forever.  There's now a squishy baby who calls for us and loves nothing more than snuggling on our chests.  We are, in fact, living the dream.  A dream 4 years in the making and worth every moment.  My heart is so full of love for Charlotte and I am so excited to see how she grows and changes. I have always enjoyed reading the birth stories of my blogger friends' babies and felt it gave me hope as it was the final moment in the battle against infertility, the crossing of a finish line.  So today, in celebration of love and this chubby cheeked baby girl, I share with you the story of Charlotte's birth. Charlotte's Birth Story... I woke up Thursday morni