Skip to main content

25 weeks

This has been a relatively quite week; we were able to sneak up to my parent's cabin to relax for the weekend and begin making arrangements for the baby's baptism.  We opened the car seat/stroller combo that my father-in-law and mother-in-law gave us and were pumped to think about Baby Porch being here in the next 15 weeks (my app says 105 days to go but we all know we're on her schedule now).  We're excited to brew the batch of beer that we'll have at the baby shower and I'll be working on some crafty projects for a May wedding -- the perfect rainy weekend activities!  Once I figure out how to defeat this heartburn, I will be ready to rock!  

How far along? 25 weeks
Total weight gain:  11.6 pounds (normal, according to the app)
Maternity clothes?   I've given up on pants that aren't yoga or maternity.  Shirts-wise, I need the length of the maternity tops because I HATE pulling my shirt down a billion times a day.  Plus side, my options are limited and getting dressed in the morning has never been easier!
Stretch marks?  None yet
Sleep:  Some nights I can make it through the night, others I end up peeing a few times.  Last night I met my least favorite symptom head on:  I woke up at 12:00 with the WORST heartburn of my life.  I wanted to cry.  And the baby was just rollin' away in my belly so I at least had a form of entertainment while I sat awake for an hour and a half.
Best moment this week: Being up north this weekend at the cabin & meeting the priest who will baptize the baby!
Miss anything?  I miss being able to sneak behind chairs.  Now I feel like I'm saying "excuse me, sorry, excuse me" all the time.
Food cravings: Nothing really.  Lots of fruit in our diet.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing much, just strong gross garbage smells
Gender: Baby Girl :)
Labor signs: Not yet!  Keep marinating, love nugget!
Symptoms: The bump, heartburn (sometimes even Tums don't help -- am open to your suggestions), some hip pain
Belly button in or out? Still in... waiting for the moment it pops.
Wedding rings on or off: On.  Still waiting for my engagement ring to come back to me fixed.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy.
Looking forward to: Doctor's appointment on Tuesday to check in and make sure all is well with baby & that her heartbeat is still strong.  Judging by her movements lately, I'm not too worried.
Baby is the size of:  zucchini


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is not 1950; I do not vacuum in pearls.

Hi, it's me - I know it's been a while, but I've been deep inside that bubble I mentioned when everything first happened in November 2020 and I am starting to emerge having done some serious healing and navigating within the trauma of being a suicide survivor and a sole parent. This has nothing to do with that though. I'm dumping this thought here because I need it documented: You know how the conservative crowd tends to use "Well I don't have any children, why should I help pay for the schools?" and "People are just too lazy to work, I don't know why we need social services to help people pay for their child care and food?" I'm noticing those are the same voices I hear in restaurants complaining that there are no servers. No bartenders. No one available to change their oil or to do other trade work. And no one to watch their children.  The CEO of the company I work for posted a big response about how child care is the gatekeeper to folks

Changing of the Seasons

We are approaching the one-year anniversary of when Ryan completed suicide. It brings a lot of emotions and feelings and memories and honestly - exhaustion. I have spent the last year in therapy digging myself out of a lot of those feelings and learning how to be Danie and not Porch and Danie. There have been a lot (!) of tears, a lot of me yelling at Ryan, cursing his name for leaving me to parent alone, a lot of wondering what comes next for the girl gang, a lot of rebuilding. But we're here. I'm here. And arguably stronger than ever (though not physically - listen, I eat my feelings and will work on that side of things later -- DO NOT SEND ME MLM BS ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT). I am much more aware of myself and the girls and more emotionally present than I've ever been. Those girls have been my light through some really dark shit. The seasons are changing. We are almost through our season of "firsts." And if you know, you know. If you don't, you're quite fort

Charlotte's birth story

Thank goodness this isn't my 40 week update; I was really nervous that I'd have to write one of those and even possibly the dreaded 41 week update!  Today was her due date, but we got to meet her just a little early.  Charlotte Esther joined our family at 2:07am on Friday, August 8th... and changed our lives forever.  There's now a squishy baby who calls for us and loves nothing more than snuggling on our chests.  We are, in fact, living the dream.  A dream 4 years in the making and worth every moment.  My heart is so full of love for Charlotte and I am so excited to see how she grows and changes. I have always enjoyed reading the birth stories of my blogger friends' babies and felt it gave me hope as it was the final moment in the battle against infertility, the crossing of a finish line.  So today, in celebration of love and this chubby cheeked baby girl, I share with you the story of Charlotte's birth. Charlotte's Birth Story... I woke up Thursday morni