Skip to main content

26 weeks

Because the OB is downtown, we take the red line down and this is normally uneventful.  Today was the first time I felt "big."  Anyone who has taken the subway knows the amount of balance needed to ride while standing.  Normally, not an issue.  I'm fairly good at it actually.  Today.... today there were at least 3 instances in which I felt like I was going to fall over.  Thankfully, there's a Cubs game tonight and the train was fairly packed (hence me not having a seat) so fellow riders just kinda held me up in those moments.  I am getting to the point where I may need to sit.  

On a somewhat related note, I had headphones in while riding to and from the appointment.  On the way back, I couldn't help but laugh out loud as I jammed to some old-school Kenny Chesney.  There's something delightfully heartwarming about listening to "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" while taking in the Chicago skyline.  

How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain:  16 pounds ya'll
Maternity clothes? Stretchy pants are the bomb.  I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of spring weather so I can bust out the maxi dresses!  Shirts-wise, I need the length of the maternity tops because I HATE pulling my shirt down a billion times a day.  Plus side, my options are limited and getting dressed in the morning has never been easier!
Stretch marks?  None yet
Sleep:  What a joke.  It's like a ridiculous game of Russian roulette; I never know if I'll sleep straight through the night or wake up with the heartburn of doom.  Any guesses how much hair she'll be born with?
Best moment this week: Got to hear the baby's heartbeat today & she is "perfect."  It was the quickest
appointment ever (!!) and we also learned that I do not have c
holestasis, which we tested for last appointment because of how incredibly itchy I had been -- like life-altering itchy.
Miss anything?  I miss being able to sneak behind chairs and get my butt up off the floor when I'm done playing with the kids at the center.
Food cravings: Nothing really.  
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing 
Gender: Baby Girl :)
Labor signs: Not yet!  Even though there's a little girl at the center who asks me every. single. time. I see here if the baby is here yet.  Seriously, she's up to like 4 times already today.
Symptoms: The bump, heartburn (thank God for milk and Tums at 1:30am), some hip pain, waddlin' like a preggo
Belly button in or out? Still in... afraid to cough or laugh for fear it might just pop.
Wedding rings on or off: On.  I got my engagement ring back and am so excited to have it back on my hand where it belongs!!
Happy or moody most of the time:  Try to be happy though I will say that my emotions get amped up which can be hard to process.  Drama irritates me.
Looking forward to:  We're going to a wedding this weekend & I am pumped to have a slow dance with the hubs and a sweet baby between us.
Baby is the size of:  eggplant  (YUM!)

Happy & Healthy at 26 weeks
Also, learning how to be graceful when so front-heavy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is not 1950; I do not vacuum in pearls.

Hi, it's me - I know it's been a while, but I've been deep inside that bubble I mentioned when everything first happened in November 2020 and I am starting to emerge having done some serious healing and navigating within the trauma of being a suicide survivor and a sole parent. This has nothing to do with that though. I'm dumping this thought here because I need it documented: You know how the conservative crowd tends to use "Well I don't have any children, why should I help pay for the schools?" and "People are just too lazy to work, I don't know why we need social services to help people pay for their child care and food?" I'm noticing those are the same voices I hear in restaurants complaining that there are no servers. No bartenders. No one available to change their oil or to do other trade work. And no one to watch their children.  The CEO of the company I work for posted a big response about how child care is the gatekeeper to folks

Changing of the Seasons

We are approaching the one-year anniversary of when Ryan completed suicide. It brings a lot of emotions and feelings and memories and honestly - exhaustion. I have spent the last year in therapy digging myself out of a lot of those feelings and learning how to be Danie and not Porch and Danie. There have been a lot (!) of tears, a lot of me yelling at Ryan, cursing his name for leaving me to parent alone, a lot of wondering what comes next for the girl gang, a lot of rebuilding. But we're here. I'm here. And arguably stronger than ever (though not physically - listen, I eat my feelings and will work on that side of things later -- DO NOT SEND ME MLM BS ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT). I am much more aware of myself and the girls and more emotionally present than I've ever been. Those girls have been my light through some really dark shit. The seasons are changing. We are almost through our season of "firsts." And if you know, you know. If you don't, you're quite fort

Charlotte's birth story

Thank goodness this isn't my 40 week update; I was really nervous that I'd have to write one of those and even possibly the dreaded 41 week update!  Today was her due date, but we got to meet her just a little early.  Charlotte Esther joined our family at 2:07am on Friday, August 8th... and changed our lives forever.  There's now a squishy baby who calls for us and loves nothing more than snuggling on our chests.  We are, in fact, living the dream.  A dream 4 years in the making and worth every moment.  My heart is so full of love for Charlotte and I am so excited to see how she grows and changes. I have always enjoyed reading the birth stories of my blogger friends' babies and felt it gave me hope as it was the final moment in the battle against infertility, the crossing of a finish line.  So today, in celebration of love and this chubby cheeked baby girl, I share with you the story of Charlotte's birth. Charlotte's Birth Story... I woke up Thursday morni